With great demand in industry and great placement opportunities, the department stands tall and proud. Departmental students are academically sound, technically verse and disciplined. Students of our department managed to bag national level recognitions like SWACH BHARAT ABHIYAN (1st position all over India, at IIT KGP), finalist in DRUSE, DRDO and STUDENT PAVILION AERO SHOW, Bangalore. Students of our department are also involved with research paper publications and also bagged 1st position in IEEE conference. Apart from this, students of Electrical Engineering Department are also associated with various activities like organising seminars, project competition, departmental festive occasions and also cultural activities throughout the year.
I believe that my team consisting of electrical students, staff and faculty is capable of doing wonders. Electrical Engineering has become a symbol for excellent placements which showcases our academic and extracurricular strengths.
I invite you to the Electrical Engineering Department where you are looking for an undergraduate program. Our team is confident that your stint with Electrical Engineering will definitely make you outshine with a successful and accomplished career.
List of Faculty Members
Dr. Dipayan NathAssistant Professor B.Tech., M.E., Ph.D.
Mrs. Debosmita ChakrabortyAssistant Professor B.Tech., M.Tech.
Mr. Amitabha BhattacharjeeAssistant Professor B.E., M.Tech.
Mr. Arnab RoyAssistant Professor B.E., M.Tech.
Mr. Ujjal SurAssistant Professor B.Tech., M.Tech.
Mr. Santanu BeraAssistant Professor B.Tech., M.Tech.
Name of Laboratories
- 1. Basic Electrical Engineering Lab
- 2. Electric Circuit Theory Lab
- 3. Electrical Machines Lab
- 4. Power System Lab
- 5. Control System Lab
- 6. Microprocessor Lab
- 7. Power Electronics Lab
- 8. Electric Drives Lab
- 9. Electrical System Design Lab
- 10. Project Lab
- Department has organised inter departmental technical project competition ProjEEction in
the year 2017, 2018 and 2019.
- National level technical seminar in the banner of Computational intelligence in Signal,
Power and control (CI-SPC) has been organised for the consecutive years 2018 and 2019
with technical co-sponsorship of IEEE.
- A technical project “Smart Helmet” of our students has been recognised in the competition Smart Fifty : India’s largest entrepreneurship meet up at IIM Calcutta under the aegis of Govt. of India in the year 2018.
- Our students’ bagged first prize under the category “Swach Bharat Abhiyan” at 2nd INAE Youth Conclave, 2018 held at IIT Kharagpur.
- A technical project of our students has been recognised and entitled as one of the finalist at the technical competition DRUSE 2018 organise by DRDO, Govt. of India.
- A technical project of our students has been listed in top five at the student pavilion of the AERO INDIA show organised by Ministry of Defence in the year 2019.
- A technical project of our students has own the first prize at the IEEE CAS Student Branch project competition in the year 2021.
- Our student Ms. Tiash Ghosh is a University Gold Medallist as she secured first rank in her B.Tech in Electrical Engineering degree.
Vision of the Department
To develop the department into a recognized research oriented centre of learning in various fields of Electrical Engineering, keeping in view of the latest academic and industrial developments in this area.
Mission of the Department
The department of Electrical Engineering is committed
- To create the knowledgeable and skilled person in Electrical technologies with strong
fundamentals, through state of the art teaching- learning process that develops the ability to solve problems individually and in a team.
- To create professional leaders in society with research attitudes in the core areas as well as interdisciplinary areas so as to impact quality of products required for industry and academics.
- To create competent manpower with deep awareness of ethics and environment for
sustainable development in Electrical Engineering.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
Based on these three aspects, the Electrical Engineering program has established the
following Program Educational Objectives:
- Our graduates will have emphasize on high degree of ethics and standards while
executing multidisciplinary engineering projects oriented to the application of Electrical engineering for their higher studies and industrial applications.
- Our graduates will have the ability to adopt contemporary technologies in Electrical
Engineering so as to cater to the needs of the society.
- Our graduates will have the ability to apply the knowledge gained from modern design methodologies to address current technical issues and also they will exhibit consideration of economics, environment and social issues while executing such technical issues.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
Program Specific Outcomes for Electrical Engineering Program can be summarized as
- PSO1: Ability to apply the knowledge of basic mathematics, science and engineering
fundamental for identifying and analyzing complex engineering problem and hence
reaching to the substantiated conclusions.
- PSO2: To apply appropriate techniques for reaching to the solutions of complex
engineering problems by designing, analyzing, predicting and interpreting data using
modern engineering and IT tools and finally to communicate the observation through
proper presentation and appropriate modeling.
- PSO3: To prepare students to work in the area of core and software engineering
professionally, ethically and effectively in the team and engage in the lifelong learning in the context of changes in technology, environment, public health and safety.